Why Eat Shellfish?
- Farm raised shellfish is one of the best choices for sustainable protein
- Oysters in particular leave the water cleaner and clearer
- Shellfish provide “substraight” for other aquatic species to live on
What is Meroir? Factors: Season, Water Temp, Current, Nutrient Source, Maturity
- What are the different types of Oysters?
- Oysters take their names from their Species, Location & Farming Methods
- How to Open an Oyster
Mussels & Clams:
- Penn Cove Shellfish, a pioneer in Aquaculture, raises 2 species
- How to tell when a mussel is cooked- Do Not Over Cook
- Should I discard a mussel or clam that does not open?
Each class includes:
90 minutes of cooking instruction
Family-style farmhouse lunch
2 glasses of wine per person
Coffee or tea service
Classes begin when our doors open promptly at 10:30am. Lunch is around 12:30pm. All cooking and food supplies are provided for the class instruction.
CANCELLATION/ REFUND POLICY
Your purchase of a class is non-refundable. All payments are final. If you find yourself unable to attend after making your purchase, you may transfer the ticket to someone else.
Classes may be cancelled if we have fewer than 4 participants. If we must cancel, we will contact you on the Friday before the class. You will be offered the opportunity to apply your purchase to a different upcoming class.