It Was a Whirlwind Year!
We're enjoying our Winter Break and reflecting on 2017.
We were really lucky to find our Sous Chef, Lis David, in 2016. This year she took her duties and responsibilities to another level. We really appreciate all that has done for us and look forward to the continued collaboration.
We hosted lots of rehearsal dinners, birthday & family celebrations in our newly renovated Historic Barn dining room. It was a pleasure to have you here to celebrate life’s milestones with us.
We hosted the second annual fundraiser Gala Dinner for Good Cheer Food Bank. The event brought us together with chefs from South Whidbey restaurants including Sieb Jurrians from Saltwater Fish House and Oyster Bar and Prima Bistro; Gordan from Gordan’s on Blueberry Hill; and Emily Bell from Inn at Langley. We raised over $35,000 for this important local charity that helps feed the hungry in our community all year long. If you didn't get a chance to attend, you can still support their important work. Kick off 2018 with a good deed and DONATE TO GOOD CHEER NOW!
Last Year's Guest Chefs
Mathew Raiford & Jovan Sage
Mathew and Jovan came all the way from Georgia State to Whidbey Island to show us how to pickle shrimp, make homemade biscuits and Carolina Gold rice.
Susan, from Whidbey Island, joined us to teach us her traditional Bologna style pasta that uses only egg yolks and 00 flour. We also hosted 3 wine maker dinners this year too, with Kevin Cedergreen, Spoiled Dog & Kevin White.
2017 Brought Us Recognition from the Press!
- Our summer kicked off with a with a fun segment with Evening Magazine.We were included in a piece in their series call “Just a Ferry Away” this time about Whidbey Island.
- Pacific Northwest Magazine featured a piece on us by food critic Providence Cicero.
- Zagat visited us when updating it’s Whidbey destination guide.
- Seattle Times did a great post about Bayview Corner and all that it has to offer; from Blooms Winery & The Taproom, to Bayview Farm & Garden, to all the artists that have something to offer a visitor to our Island.
- And to finish it all off, EdibleSeattle featured us in their Whidbey Island Road Trip section along with Comforts of Whidbey.